Full-time. Hethel, Norfolk, UK.
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
WATR is recruiting a Firmware Engineer to join our team based near Norwich.
We are looking for an individual with experience in microcontroller programming including Atmel and Espressif products.
Ideally the candidate will have experience with Atmel Studio for programming the Atmel microcontrollers, and also Arduino for ESP8266/ESP32 controllers.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in making/hacking with microcontrollers and will have some projects to be able to showcase. You will have the opportunity to participate in the design and evolution of new products and features.
Please apply to email@example.com.
- Manage the lifecycle of a project.
- Author, edit and release technical project documentation.
- Creation of pre-production prototype samples.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to revise prototype to product ready specifications.
- Devise and execute test plans to ensure the design process produces robust, reliable products.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar environment.
- Background in the use of C/C++ for microcontroller development.
- Familiarity and understanding of schematics, PCB layout files, Gerber / ODB++ packages, BOMs, work instructions and test procedures. Some DFP experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience of microcontrollers and digital electronics.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
- Passions for technology, tinkering and coding - examples of personal projects/hacks gratefully received!
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently.
- Must have enthusiasm, flexibility, and ability to improvise and problem-solve.
- Full UK drivers licence desirable.
Perks of working at WATR
- 31 Days holiday per year inc bank holidays.
- Become part of a community
- Good opportunity for career progression
- Company pension