Full Stack Developer
Full-time. Hethel, Norfolk. Remote Working available, UK.
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
WATR is recruiting a Full Stack PHP Developer to join our team based near Norwich.
We are looking for someone to join the team and overhaul the current platform which is responsible for;
- receiving data from water quality monitors out in the field
- processing large amounts of scientific data
- displaying data in an easily understandable interface
- exposing API endpoints for external data consumption
The current system is built using Laravel and Vue so experience with these frameworks is essential.
The ideal candidate will have experience building web based applications, content management systems and integrating APIs.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Collaborate with other members of the hardware and software development team to manage the development life cycle of the WATR platform and dashboard.
- Writing clean, well-structured, maintainable and efficient test-driven code.
- Author, edit and release technical project documentation.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders.
- Devise and execute test plans to ensure the design process produces robust, reliable products.
- At least 3 years experience in a similar environment.
- Experienced with PHP and the Laravel framework.
- Strong understanding of MySQL, including database design best practices and query optimisation.
- A good understanding of modern frontend development practices.
- Awareness of Linux DevOps and deployment. AWS specific knowledge is a bonus.
- Proficiency with Git.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- A passion for technology, tinkering and coding - examples of personal projects gratefully received!
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently.
- Must have enthusiasm, flexibility, and ability to improvise.
- Full UK drivers licence desirable.
Perks of working at WATR
- 31 Days holiday per year inc bank holidays.
- Good opportunity for career progression as first Developer team member.
- Company pension.
- Competitive Salary.